(BPRW) Neighborhood Therapeutic Times 2021 TO Focus ON Psychological REPARATIONS FOR BLACK People
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Neighborhood Healing Network has introduced the plan for the yearly observance of Community Healing Times, coming up this weekend, Oct 15-17. This year’s concept is: The Situation for Emotional Reparations. Released in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Community Therapeutic Days is developed to “put time for healing” at the top of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou claimed, “from the lies we have been advised and the ones we have told ourselves.”
Group Therapeutic Times is one particular of a range of approaches formulated by CHN to mobilize Black folks throughout the African Diaspora to mend from, and extinguish, the lie that Black persons are inferior. “That lie,” explained CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most effective weapon ever shaped in opposition to us, the root result in of the unique troubles we facial area as a people, and the greatest crime versus our humanity. Until and right up until we no cost ourselves and our kids from this lie, our life will proceed to be devalued and we will carry on to be dehumanized.”
The a few-working day Local community Healing Days 2021 virtual celebration will attribute:
1. On Friday, Oct 15, 1:00-2:30 pm, Eastern time, Black Scholars Generating the Case for Psychological Reparations. Panelists will involve: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington University Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M College Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Wellbeing Commission and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan Condition College. They will aim on the psychological harm triggered by the lie and what we can—and must—do to fix it
2. On Saturday, October 16, 1:00-2:00 pm, Japanese time, An Hour of Psychological Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
3. On Sunday, October 17, 3:00-4:30 pm, Jap time, the presentation of the 2021 Community Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, writer of Interruptions, a tale about turning soreness into objective
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Management Conference
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Health Fairness Institute at the University of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 Countrywide Local community Healer Award–N’COBRA: The Countrywide Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Feminine Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 World-wide Local community Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., former Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Development Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Neighborhood Therapeutic Community is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization centered completely on mobilizing Black people throughout the African Diaspora to mend from, and close, the trauma prompted by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told centuries in the past to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s in the vicinity of term purpose is to make 2020 to 2030 the Ten years to Embrace the Truth of Black Humanity.
For additional facts, be sure to visit https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Group Supervisor, [email protected]
The written content and views expressed inside this push release are those people of the creator(s) and/or represented organizations, and are not automatically shared by Black PR Wire. The writer(s) and/or represented organizations are entirely responsible for the specifics and the accuracy of the content material of this Push release. Black PR Wire reserves the right to reject a press release if, in the check out of Black PR Wire, the content material of the release is unsuitable for distribution.